A man handed over his eight-year-old daughter to an elderly landlord as a mortgage after failing to pay him back Rs100,000 loan in Tando Bago town.
The shameful deal came to light when Ms Soomri Machhi approached Tando Bago police station and complained that her husband Achar Machhi had sold off her daughter Nazia, 8, to an old landlord Ali Murad Chandio in Pathan Water village near the town.
Police raided the village to recover the girl and returned her to her mother who accused his husband of having sold the girl for Rs100,000.
Tando Bago SHO Ali Anwer Leghari confirmed the girl had been sold and said further investigation was under way.
Achar Machhi told journalists that he had handed over his daughter as mortgage after having failed to pay back the loan he had taken from the landlord.
Police did not register an FIR nor made any arrest in the case.
A Bangladesh national identified as Noman was arrested by the security agencies at Tral on Friday.Noman had allegedly crossed the border illegally and was wandering to contact militants of any outfit to join jihad.
Sources said he tried to meet new Al Qaeda Kashmir commander Zakir Musa in Tral area of South Kashmir.During questioning, he told interrogators that he wanted to join the jihadis in Afghanistan, and local militants would help him.Earlier this month, an Afghan national living illegally in Baramulla district was arrested by the security forces.
He wanted to return to Afghanistan via Pakistan by crossing the Line of Control. (PTK).
Militant outfit Hizbul Mujhadeen has said that the attack on the family members of the militants will not break the resolve of the freedom loving people.
In a statement to news agency CNS, Hizbul Mujhadeen Deputy Chief Saifullah Khalid condemned the attack of government forces on the family members of Hizb militant Tawseef Ahmed.
“Thrashing and torturing the kids and the sisters of Tawseef is unpardonable and those involved will face the music. Tawseef and other militants will continue to pursue their objective despite this incident,” Khalid said.
Expressing sympathies with the family of Tawseef, the Hizb Deputy Chief assured them that their sacrifices will not go waste. “It is shocking that a country that is claiming to be a global power is scared of militants and targeting their families,” he said.
According to experts’ opinion, Reliance jio could extend all offer of free up to December 31, 2017.
Reliance jio’s free calling up to 31 December and Data Welcome Offer has started a prize war between telecom companies.
Meanwhile, experts have suggested another possibility that listening to Reliance jio customers will not be happy. Reliance Jio is exploring the possibility of expanding its offer of free delivery until March 31, 2017.
That is, you can get all the free till March 2017.
Target to 10 million customers
Let me tell you that Mukesh Ambani started with jio, that his target was to create 10 million customers.
Experts believe that the company can offer this to reach its target. At present, Mukesh Ambani has also said that Reliance Jio has made 1 crore 60 lakh customers in less than a month. It is hoped that he will soon fulfill his target.
Jio No. 1 in the world
At present, people are complaining about the speed of the Internet, but they will be surprised to know that currently Reliance jio has become the world’s largest Internet user sim.
About 16,000 TB of data is used everyday on the network of Reliance jio. Second is China’s mobile, in which 12,000 TB data is used.
Vodafone is at number three with 6000 TB of daily consumption.
Army on Thursday claimed to have killed foiled an infiltration bid by killing three militants in Gurez valley of Bandipora district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A Srinagar-based defence spokesman, Col. Rajesh Kalia said three militants were killed after army foiled an infiltration bid in Gurez.
He said the operation was in progress.
An official said that a group of 3-6 militants tried to sneak into this side of LoC last night.
“Army’s 13 Sikh regiment guarding the LoC near Bagtore area of Gurez noticed their movement.
The militants opened fire after they were challenged. During the operation, three militants were killed,” he said
Nitish Kumar to take oath as Bihar CM at today, RJD supporters block Mahatma Gandhi Setu in protest
Nitish Kumar will on Thursday take oath as Bihar Chief Minister at 1. He unexpectedly resigned yesterday, but hours later joined hands with the BJP to reclaim the government in a stunning political manoeuvre that relegated his alliance partner RJD to the opposition.
Manzoor Ahmad Khan (Political Leader Anantnag J&K) today in his press statement supported the statement of Former J&K Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah regarding Hurriyat Conference.
Farooq Abdullah in his recent statement has said that the arrests would reveal the extent of their involvement in influencing militant activities in Kashmir.
“Even we’d get to see the extent of their involvement. Everyone in the Valley will get to know from where the money came and how was it put to use,”.
Abdullah’s statement comes in the wake of arrests made by the NIA in the valley. Those arrested NIA claims were recipient funds from Pakistan which they used to fund protests across the valley.
Manzoor Khan backed Farooq Abdullah and said that NIA Should deeply investigation in this case so that people of Jammu and Kashmir will get to know what is truth and what is not.
Five Army personnel convicted by a general court martial in the Machhil fake encounter case had a sigh of relief as a military court suspended their punishment of life imprisonment, India Today reported on Wednesday.
According to the report the armed forces tribunal also granted them bail in the case related to the death of three civilians in Kashmir Valley in 2010 where the accused were dismissed from service and given jail terms.
Colonel Dinesh Pathania, Captain Upendra, Havildar Devender Kumar, Lance Naik Lakhmi, Lance Naik Arun Kumar from 4 Rajput Regiment and rifleman Abas Hussain of the Territorial Army were convicted in 2014 for human rights abuse.
“The armed forces tribunal bench headed by Justice VK Shali suspended the punishment awarded to these personnel and granted them bail in the case,” Major Anand Kumar and Major SS Pandey, the two lawyers of five Army personnel in the case, told Mail Today.
“The suspension of punishment means that the troops would be out of jail while the court would continue to hear the case on the trial conducted by the force against them.”
There was a public outcry after photographs of those killed in the alleged encounter were released, as relatives and neighbours of the slain persons claimed that the three men were framed and killed in a stage-managed gunfight and they were not connected with militancy in any way.
Impact will depend on quality of JioPhone, say traders
The pathbreaking offer of Reliance Jio to give its customers free JioPhone for a refundable deposit of Rs 1,500, is likely to bring down mobile handset prices considerably besides adversely impacting sales of the existing handset makers, says traders and dealers involved in the sale of mobile handsets.
“Reliance Jio’s offer will lead to a price war among mobile handset makers, leading to reduction in prices by anywhere between 10 to 20 per cent.
That will obviously please consumers and end users,” a trader in Habsiguda told The Hans India.
He, however, hastened to add that the exact impact would be known only after the actual launch of the device.
“Other companies will also launch similar products,” he said.
Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani announced at the 40th Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Friday last that pre-bookings for 4G-enabled JioPhone feature phone would begin on August 24 and device would be given to customers on first-come-first-serve basis for a refundable deposit of Rs 1,500.
Reliance Jio also came out with affordable tariff plans for JioPhone users.
Customers can take back their deposit after three years after returning the device.
The offer is targeted at 50 crore feature phone users in the country who are not able to use Jio’s 4G services now as they can’t afford expensive 4G-enabled smartphones.
Currently, there are over 78 crore mobile handsets in use across the country, but only 28 crore of them are smartphones.
Though JioPhone will bring cheers to those who want to have access to 4G telecom services, its success will also depend on the kind of features it offers. Battery backup, design elements and aftersales service will also play a key in role in driving the customers towards the new device.
“These days, customers are seeking more battery backup in their mobiles.
Normally, smartphones have less battery life, and so, they should re-charged every day.
And secondly, data plans and call cost are also playing major role in customer preferences,” said Ranga Ravi, owner of Feelings Gallery, a mobile handset shop in the city.
However, some dealers expressed doubt whether customers would stick to one mobile device for three years.