Ministry of Home Affairs Prepared to handle any security situation in J&K Ahead of the first anniversary of the killing of Burhan Wani……..

MHA prepared to handle any security situation in J&K
Ahead of the first anniversary of the killing of Hizb Mujahideen Commander Burhan Wani.

Ahead of the first anniversary of the killing of Militant Burhan Wani, the home ministry has said it was prepared to handle any security challenges in Jammu and Kashmir.

Official sources said the Centre has already sent over 20,500 central paramilitary personnel to the state in the wake of Wani’s first death anniversary and the ongoing Amarnath yatra.

“We are prepared to handle any security challenge,” a senior home ministry official said today.

Four districts of the state–Pulwama, Kulgam, Shopian and Anantnag–are on the boil since Wani was killed in an encounter with security forces on July 8 last year.

Over 80 youths from these area have taken to arms following Wani’s killing, sources from the state had said.

Seventy-six people besides two police personnel were killed during the six  month-long unrest in the Kashmir valley.

The state government has announced a 10-day summer vacation in all educational institutions in the valley from July 6.

The vacation coincides with a protest schedule issued by united jehad council (UJC), an amalgam of militant organisations operating in the Valley.

Last year, the vacations were announced in schools from July 1 to 17.

The UJC had announced a protest programme on Monday in connection with the first death anniversary of Burhan Muzaffar Wani.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s