Security forces foiles terror attact on Grand Masjid of Saudi Arabia……..

Security forces in Saudi Arabia thwarted a terror attack on the Mecca Grand Mosque and worshippers there, the country’s Interior Ministry has said. The attack on Friday had been planned by a group stationed at three locations, Khaleej Times reported citing Arab News which quoted the Interior Ministry’s statement

security spokesperson said that one of the sites was in the province of Jeddah, and the two others were in Mecca.

The first was in the neighbourhood of Asilah, and the second in Ajyad Al Masafi, located within the perimeter of the central area of the Grand Mosque, the spokesman said.

One site was a three-storey house where the suicide bomber tasked with the crime was stationed. He blew himself up when surrounded by security forces.

The trapped would-be suicide bomber exchanged fire with the security forces, then set off explosives when he was surrounded in a house in a central Mecca neighbourhood, the ministry said.

The United Arab Emirates has strongly condemned the terror crime.

Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, in a statement, condemned the crime in the strongest words, and said the heinous crime shows the level to which the brutality of these terrorists has reached.

“No sane person can give any justification or explanation for such a crime,” the statement said

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s